Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Carl Bildt leads the way

Frequent blogger, our Minister for Foreign Affairs Carl Bildt just made the switch. His only regret is that he didn't make it earlier (Swedish).

And now the time has come for me, I've ordered an iMac this morning. I would have waited longer if it wasn't for the strange noise coming from the harddrive(?) of my four year old Dell desktop.

That machine has served me well, and I'm not the geek who craves the fastest processor every six months. Actually I always buy the second fastest machine available and usually save at least 25% on the price. An intresting fact is that the Dell runs at 2.66 GHz and the iMac at 2.8 Ghz. Whats is going on, Mr. Moore? ;-)

I'm not totally new to the Mac. There is a green iMac 1G on a table in my office, and there is Mac Mini we use as a media server sitting on top of the tv set. What worries me a bit is that I rely a lot on Outlook and Exchange. Is Entourage as good as Outlook?

I do hope that my current machine will survive the month it takes for Apple to deliver the new one.

No comments:

Archive